Andar Bahar is a popular casino card game in India, which is also very simple and fast-paced. Most people don’t believe that there are tricks or tips about this luck-based game. However, there ARE some tricks and tips, as Andar Bahar is still a casino games built with probability.
Table of Content
What is Andar Bahar?
Andar Bahar is a simple card game of chance played with a standard deck of cards, which is usually seen in casinos or online casinos.
The main goal of the game is to guess whether the Andar box wins or the Bahar box wins. The dealer begins by shuffling the deck and exposing the first card or Joker. After that the players place their bet by guessing which set of boxes would the Joker card first state in. You win by rightly choosing Andar or Bahar.
Players and cards
In Andar Bahar, a standard 52-card is usually used. The number of players is not limited, while there can be a lot of people playing together since they are basically gambling with pure luck.
How to play Andar Bahar?
The game begins when the dealer exposes the Joker. Then, all players place their original bets by placing chips on either Andar or Bahar. This is called the first bet in the Andar Bahar game. The first box where the Joker will come wins the round. You win if your original call matches the box that the Joker lands in.
Must-know Andar Bahar Rules
On an Andar Bahar table, there are two sets of boxes, these are called Andar and Bahar. It’s played with a single set of standard cards that the dealer shuffles before every round. The game begins when the dealer exposes the first card known as Joker and places it in the middle of the table.
- Then, all players on the table place their bets by choosing whether the Joker will land on the Andar or Bahar. These original bets are placed on the box labelled 1st bet for both the box.
- After every player has placed their 1st bet, the dealer calls no further bets and begins drawing cards for each box in an interspersing pattern. In substance, the dealer first exposes one card for Bahar followed by one card for Andar.
- Still, 25% of the laying quantum is paid to all players laying on Bahar, If the Joker appears on the first card drawn on Bahar. Accordingly, all players laying on Andar lose.
- After that, all players laying on Andar are paid indeed winnings, and all players laying on Bahar lose, If the Joker appears on the first card drawn for the Andar set.
- Also, the players have another occasion to place a 2nd bet, If the Joker does n’t appear in the first two cards. This bet is placed on the box labelled 2nd bet for both the sets.
- After all players have placed their 2nd bet, the dealer calls no further bets and starts the delineation card again. These cards are placed alternatingly, first on Bahar and also on Andar until the Joker is revealed. The 2nd bet is paid 25% of the laying quantum and the first bet is paid indeed money, If the first card drawn on the 2nd bet is the Joker.
The payout for winning after this stage is indeed plutocrat or 1x the original bets. Super Bahar bet is an optional bet you can place by putting your chips on the box labelled super bahar on the table.
This bet can be placed during the 1st bet and the 2nd bet but only for the Bahar box. Once you win the super bahar, it might be able to cove the money. Still, the payout is 11x the laying quantum, If you place a Super Bahar bet and the first card drawn is the Joker.
Winnings of Andar Bahar
Obviously, you can see the chances are a little bit better. The first matching card will appear on the side where the first card was dealt, and the payouts reflect this. A successful bet on the side where the first card was dealt is paid out at odds of 0.9 to 1. However, a successful bet on the side where the second card was dealt is paid out odds of 1 to 1 (evens). In other words, given that the colour of the house card determines where the first card is dealt:
- If the house card is black, a successful bet of 100 on Andar pays 190 (your bet returned plus 90 winnings) while a successful bet on Bahar pays 200.
- If the house card is red, a successful bet of 100 on Andar pays 200 while a successful bet on Bahar pays 190.
In fact, the chance that the first matching card will appear on the same side as the first card dealt is close to 51.5%. From this it is easy to calculate that the house edge on a bet on the side where the first card is dealt is 2.15% while the house edge on a bet on the side of the second card is 3%.
What you SHOULD do as your Andar Bahar tricks?
Learn the rules clearly
This is probably normal but absolutely a useful one. Once you understand how it goes, then you will know what to do and how to win money in Andar Bahar no matter online or in a real casino.
Try with small stake
When you are not sure about how much you will possibly win or lose, it’s better to try with a small stake to give it a try.
Look for various options
There are a large number of the Andar Bahar options, and most online casinos develop their own promotions to attract their clients. The number of options represents the chances and channels for you to win money.
What you should NOT do as your Andar Bahar tricks?
Using Odd-Even strategy
This is one of the most popular tricks not only with Andar Bahar, but also other similar casino games played with pure luck, for example baccarat or blackjack. To consider the total number of cards that appear after the first card is dealt. The matching card, the joker, then will appear on Andar if the number is odd or on Bahar if the number is even.
However, this strategy has no effect and no rule on the long-term prediction of winning Andar Bahar. It comes without any proof or testimony, not even being able to be called as a strategy. And of course not a trick at all.
Hot and Cold Strategy
This is another simple but without any proof or mathematical result, while you’re just choosing the same side or the other side based on the last result. Hot strategy means that you place your bet on the side on which the joker landed the most, while cold strategy is the opposite idea–you bet on the side that has no joker landing on for a while. So, hot and cold strategy basically is used by the average ratio of the joker previously.
This is probably the same as the odd-even strategy, while both of them cannot be considered as a trick or strategy.
Place every side bets on every round
The chances of side bets are definitely much lower than a regular bet, so betting on the side bets is a huge waste for your limited bankroll. Making your own rules and strategy to bet on side bets allows you to gamble with a relative rational pattern. So that you won’t waste much money and have no bucks left for the next round.